Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Gift of Face Paint

1 Corinthians 13:6-7, “Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (NIV)

As a mother, I some times lose focus on what a very important role I play in the circus of our daily life. I begin feeling overwhelmed and under-valued. I wonder about my identity. I recently had the idea that being a mother is much like being a clown… I’m not “Julie” anymore, I’m hidden behind the face paint of “MOM”. I love being Mom, but it’s easy to get distracted by the chaos of it all and forget that MOM is not just a title - it’s a gift, a gift of love. I came across this verse from 1 Corinthians and while reading it I started replacing “love” with “Mom” … and found it very comforting. I do rejoice in truth, and not in evil, I protect my children and would gladly give my life for theirs. I trust in the Lord and His plans for me and my family, I am a hopeful cheerleader—encouraging my children to be their best. And, with God’s guidance I too will persevere, because I am MOM; a loving gift from God to my sweet children.

No comments: